RECRUITMENT OF RBI GRADE B EXAMINATION
RBI has revised the process of recruitment of Officers in Grade-‘B’ from 2015 onwards. RBI declared some of the changes in the recruitment process of Grade-B officers. Under the new scheme of selection the examination will be computer based (Objective type with Multiple Choice Question pattern) and consists of two phases, viz., Phase-I and Phase-II, followed by Interview.
While Phase-I examination will continue as per existing Phase-I examination for Grade-‘B’ (DR), Phase-II examination will consist of three papers of which two will be compulsory papers and one optional paper. The compulsory papers are Paper-I on ‘English’ and Paper-II on ‘Economic and Social Issues’.
The optional Paper- Paper-III will have options of subjects, viz., ‘Finance & Management’ or ‘Economics’ or ‘Statistics’. In Phase-II the paper on ‘English’ will be descriptive type and computer based, i.e. to be typed on computer screen with the help of the keyboard.
Prospective candidates are advised that Phase-II of the examination will be conducted within two to three weeks of Phase-I of the examination.
- Qualifications :
- A Minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD) or equivalent in Bachelor’s Degree as well as in 12th and 10th standard examinations.
- Number of attempts:
The maximum permissible number of attempts (which were applicable for candidates belonging to Unreserved/General Category) has been increased from 4 to 6.
- Age : Between 18 and 28 years.
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST): By 5 years, i.e. up to 33 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC): By 3 years, i.e. up to 31 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD): By 10 years (GEN) 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)
- Ex-Servicemen: To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.
- Widows/divorced women/ women judicially separated who are not remarried By 10 years
- Selection Procedure
- Selection will be through Online Examination and Interview. The Online Examination will be for 200 marks.